Newsflash! After a long rest the Guinea Pig Races will be returning to the Sunday of the June long weekend 2019 with a new format and new location!
We are please to announce that the Grenfell Country Club will be hosting the ever popular Guinea Pig Races, which are a classic part of the Festival weekend. This is a great family event that attendees of all ages will enjoy. The races attract guinea pigs from far and wide, to compete in not only flat racing but hurdles racing as well, on the hallow 10metre pinnacle track.
The Guinea Pig Races are on the Sunday of the Festival weekend, Sunday 9th June, times to be confirmed.
Confirmed details follow:
- Free entry to spectators - the Grenfell Hospital Auxiliary will have a stand for gold coin donations
- Free registration for participating Guinea Pigs and their owners
- There will be a BBQ operating
- There will be bar facilities
- Jumping Castle for the little ones
- Live music (artist to be comfirmed)
- The infamous Madeleine Griffith and Danny Joyce will be once again spruiking and giving the crowd many laughs with their antics
The number of races is dependant on the number of entries - every entrant will get to race their guinea pig. A short track is set up offering both sprint as well as hurdle races, with almost any trick in the book allowed to get your guinea pig to the finisher’s line first.
Grenfell Country Club
p. 02 6343 1634
To nominate your guinea pig for the 2019 races please download the form here and email it to Maria.
Don't forget to check us out on Facebook.