All entries must be mounted as per the conditions of entry. This ensures a professional display and makes judging easier. Mounting board can be obtained from photo processing stores, art supply stores or online. All reputable framers will be able to mount your image(s) as per the specifications following:
- The mounting board must be white in colour.
- The outer size of the mount for the standard A4 or 12 x 8” print must not exceed 11 x 14”, and prints must be affixed permanently using materials that provide long lasting adhesion.
- There are two options for mounting:
- Flush mounting on a single board; or
- Mounted on a backing board and matted behind a window mount
- Each mounted image must have a label affixed to the back (top left corner) that has the photographer’s name, title of the print and relevant section and category indicated on the entry form.
Entry Fee & Payment Options
The entry fee is $20 for each entry up to a maximum of four per category, and eight in total.
Adults: $20 per entry
Payment for the Henry Lawson Festival of Arts competitions including:
- Arts: Painting, Watercolour, Pastels, Drawing, and (local artist any media)
- Short Story
Payment can be made here.
Collecting Entries After Exhibition
Entries can be collected in person from 1.00pm 13th June 2022, or sent by return post provided a pre-paid, self addressed envelope is lodged with the entry form. All care will be exercised with prints, but no responsibility will be assumed for loss or damage to entries.
The Promoter of this competition is The Grenfell Henry Lawson Festival of Arts.
- Entries Close: 5:00pm sharp Friday 20 May 2022
- Judging: Friday 27 May 2022
- Exhibition Dates: Friday 10 – Monday 13 June 2022
- Winners Announced: Thursday 9 June 2022
- Collection: From 1.00pm 13 June or via post.
If you are posting entries, please address as follows:
Grenfell Henry Lawson Festival of Arts
C/O 88 Main Street, Grenfell, NSW 2810
If you are dropping off entries, please do so at the following address:
Visitor Information Centre
88 Main Street, Grenfell
The Visitor Information Centre is open 7 days, from 10am – 4pm on weekdays and 10am – 3pm on Saturday and 10am – 2pm on Sunday.
If you want your entries posted back after the exhibition, ensure you enclose a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope. Collection of entries can be made at the delivery address on or after 1.00pm 13 June 2022.